< comics/x >
BLUNDERING POP #1 & 2
(SS-Sunda / Bon Voyage Press c/o Alessandro Zanotti / Via Scipione dal Ferro 3 / 40138 Bologna / ITALY.
E-mail)
You want extreme comix?
This is extreme comix. SS-Sunda's work in
Blundering Pop should appeal to fans of the Mike Diana school of art. In other words, it's ultra-violent, sexually graphic, defiantly perverse and downright bizarre. I'm sure this stuff would fit right in the pages of
Sick Puppy/
Atomiser (R.I.P.) or
Thank God It's Ugly (although I'm guessing on that one as I haven't seen an actual issue). Unfortunately, for me, it's entirely in Italian. Still, it's not to difficult to get the gist. The main storyline (which runs in both issues) concerns a large group of freaks (as in the sideshow variety) seeking retribution of some sort ("The Fucking Freaks Revenge"). The second story in each issue focuses on different (apparently) masked wrestlers and their otherwise freakish companions. If you haven't read much of this sort of thing then prepare to be shocked. If you happen to have a freak fetish you've probably already got money shoved in an envelope, but the uninitiated should be warned: the cover is only a small taste of what awaits inside.
[ Link to this review ]