< comics/x >
BOP!
by Alex Robinson
($9.95,
Top Shelf Productions,
Alex Robinson)
Review by Rick Bradford
BOP! is a compilation of
Box Office Poison strips that weren't in the huge collection published a couple years previous. In which case, there's not going to be much of a review here. I'd say if you haven't read
Box Office Poison and are the least bit curious (reviews are easy to find online) then you should go buy it. However, if you've already read and enjoyed it then you're probably going to enjoy
BOP!.
I'd read several of the strips in their original appearances but I'm pleased to have them collected in one place. Two of my favorite stories in here are ones I hadn't seen before and both star Caprice, who is apparently one of the characters in the author's forthcoming
Tricked graphic novel. Clearly Robinson's cartooning abilities are continuing to improve. I'm pretty impressed by "Flat Earth" (one of the Caprice stories) and it was done as a 24-hour comic, for goodness' sake.
So, to recap: If you haven't read
Box Office Poison go do so. Then pick up a copy of
BOP!, a nice bonus to the larger collection.
[ Link to this review ]