< zines:personal >
CABOOSE #4: The Ridiculous Issue
by Liz Mason
($1.00 from Liz Mason / PO Box 476802 / Chicago, IL / 60647 USA.
E-mail)
Review by Rick Bradford
Liz Mason, I'm pleased to report, is an entertaining writer. This is the second
Caboose I've read and both were a lot of fun. Perhaps my favorite piece in this one is an article entitled "If You Are Nice Maybe I Will Do THE DANCE For You", in which the author proudly discusses the routine that begins with "I can do my dance to this!" and the workout videos that spawned THE DANCE. Her enthusiasm is so great and her observations so amusing that I truly wish I could go to Chicago just to see THE DANCE. In fact, I'd pay good money for just a video of it. THE DANCE has me in its grip and I've never even seen it.
Some other things I really enjoyed include Liz's recollections of working at a renaissance faire, the karaoke update (partly because it's such a bizarre otherworld to me), abandoned tattoo ideas and her kiddie porn (uh, that is, naughty drawings she did as a kid). There's a lot of funny stuff here – more than I've mentioned – and a buck for this is a steal. Go check it out for yourself.
[ Link to this review ]