< zine:resource >
BEST ZINE EVER! #2
edited by Greg Beans
(Free, but be kind and send something to PO Box 12409 / Portland, OR / 97212 USA)
Review by Rick Bradford
Greg gathered a bunch of zine folk and asked them to write reviews of their favorite zines of 2003. It's a nice idea, with reviews by Dave Kiersh, Jason Koivu, Artnoose, A.j. Michel, Joe Biel, Tommy Kovac and many others, plus an index and excerpts from selected zines. A good resource and I know I've found a number of things in here that I plan to investigate further. If I felt like nitpicking (and I do) my only gripe would be that there are way too many typos (which seem even more annoying since the zine was laid out on a computer). But, hey, there's lots to read here and the price is "free", so who am I to complain? Besides, I still think it's worth recommending. Send a buck or two or a trade and check it out for yourself.
[ Link to this review ]