< comics/x >
MISH MASH #1
by Jacob Sharp and Alex S.
(Blue Ribbon / 3525 Central, Suite 1 / Kansas City, MO / 64111 USA. Web:
blueribbonyall.com)
Review by Rick Bradford
This is a cute-brut flip mini-comic that's fun but goes by so quickly. Jacob Sharp's half, which follows a conversation between the worm guy on the cover and some potted-plant dudes, repeats the same drawing for each page/panel, which is a little disappointing since I'm intrigued by his artstyle. Actually, Alex S. does the same for several of his pages as well, but his story stars the Hulk so I can let it slide. This came bagged with a letterpress-printed card and a couple of temporary tattoos (featuring the images from both covers), which is a very cool idea. I'd like to use them, actually, but I want to keep 'em in their bag, too, because I am a nerd.
[ Link to this review ]