< comics/x >
TWILIGHT SAMURAIS #1
by Kathy and Judy Keeter
($2.00 from
Steve Keeter / PO Box 536368 / Orlando, FL / 32853-6368 USA)
Reviewed by Rick BradfordJudy and Kathy Keeter have been reading a lot of manga! Because I'm not well-versed in manga I don't necessarily understand every panel (the visual language differs from American comics) but the story itself I can handle. It's about a young girl who is destined to become some sort of protector of the planet and the book is full of girls, winged cats some dragon-looking beasties and all sorts of crazy sound effects. Will the Earth be saved? Will our hero meet up with more Twilight Samurais? Only future issues will tell. This may sound a bit cheesy (or even familiar) but, hey, the sisters Keeter are still teenagers so that makes the comic pretty impressive in my book. Also, the issue is inked by Tony Lorenz and Larry Blake, both of whom do a fine job of tightening up the artwork.
[ Link to this review ]