< zines:personal >
GRACKLE #2
by Malinda
($1.00 or trade from Malinda / 1703 Southwest Pkwy. / Wichita Falls, TX / 76302 USA.
E-mail)
Reviewed by Rick BradfordThis issue of
Grackle is almost like one of those "What I Did Last Summer" reports we used to write in school except Malinda covers a year in her life (roughly summer 2003 to summer 2004). She discusses what it's been like to finish her first year in college at age 27 (with three more years to go). I'm somewhat envious but, at the same time, going back to school sounds like a nightmare to me. I'm glad it's working out for her though. Also, even though she's in school (or perhaps
because she's in school), she did a lot of traveling and she recaps her major trips (seven states in one year is pretty impressive). In the third and final segment Malinda talks about how she slowly got herself back into shape and how that led her to joining first the school's Olympic weightlifting team and then the school's cycling team. Honestly, I don't know how she manages to fit everything in. I get worn out just thinking about such activity! I enjoyed this zine and recommend it especially to those interested in personal stories.
[ Link to this review ]